Friday, July 24, 2009

3 Things

#1 - When did my husband and I start acting like we were 12 years old? I accidentally left my unfinished bowl of grapes on my dresser near the TV last night. So, I got up at 6:30am with our toddler - he got up at 7:30 to get ready. When he came out of our room, and took Baby Pants outside with him, I went to our room to start getting ready. Right outside the bedroom door, on the floor, was my bowl of grapes. Oh he showed me! So, what did I do? I went to the kitchen, cleaned my bowl, and put it in the dishwasher. I'd like to say I stopped there - but I didn't. Every SINGLE night of our existence together, we do the dishes after dinner and put them in the dishwasher - and every SINGLE night, he lifts weights and drinks a protein shake and at about 9:30pm has a snack, and all of these dishes he leaves in the sink!! The dishwasher is right there man!! Anyway - every morning, like the good little wifey I am, I clean his dishes for him and put them in the dishwasher. But not THIS morning. Instead, I took all of his dirty dishes and put them on top of his protein bar that he sets near the coffee machine...and then proceeded to get ready. Oh, I SO got him back. Neiner Neiner Neiner! Seriously, can we grow up please?

#2 - I broke my toe this morning. When I got up, I realized I had also left my daughter's bottle over on my dresser (along with the grapes) and had to walk over to the other side of the bed to get it. As I did this, I rammed my fourth toe into the wooden bed frame and broke my freakin' toe. It hurt then, it hurts now, and it's probably going to hurt for a while. I think they should hang beds from the ceiling, because it's not the first time one of my little piggies has been a casualty of that bed frame.

#3 - I almost had a major freakout this morning, when I booted up my laptop and it told me some Windows updates were running and not to shut down my computer. So, I waited patiently, and when I finally got logged on - my whole desktop was CLEAR! And all of my documents folders were EMPTY! (This is my work laptop by the way, which holds every single important file that I need). I had a mini panic attack - then I thought, if all else fails I have Carbonite (which is a web-based back-up tool, and all of my files would be stored there safely). I just didn't want to have to spend all day restoring my files. Anywho, I did what any girl with a computer problem would do...I rebooted and prayed that everything would magically reappear. And guess what??? It did!! YAY ME!

Okay - that's all. Happy Friday everyone!

(And don't forget to tell me how pretty my blog is. hehe)


5 comments:

Claudya Martinez said...

Oh man, I would have done the same exact thing you did with your husbands dishes. Too funny. But you guys sound more like you are 13 than 12.

Sorry about your toe!

I'm so glad the reboot worked out. I keep telling myself I need to go buy a hard drive so I can back up all of my daughters pictures or I'm going to be screwed.

Angela said...

I cannot stand it when Mike does stuff like that. It's as if he NEVER does something that I don't like. You handled better than me especially pregnant with all of your hormones flowin'. I would have used that as an excuse and tore him a new one!!!! Have a good weekend.

Foursons said...

I have broken ALL of my toes by stubbing them on something with the exception of my big toes. They seem to be a little sturdier. Tape it up and wear some flip flops. It sure does stink though. The pain doesn't stop even when it's propped.

And I TOTALLY would have rebooted my computer too. Glad it worked!

Thanks for stopping by from MamaKat's. I love when I get new people over who leave comments too.

Angela Hill said...

cute blog!!! and I love that my husband and I are not the only ones that revert to jr. high when we are annoyed with each other.

Anonymous said...

I thought I was the only one who did stuff like this to her husband. Although I've never broken my toe refusing to do his laundry (which is all over his side of the room, NOT in the laundry basket...)