Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Help for a Little Girl Named Kierra

Readers...today's post is about a local AZ girl named Kierra. She's a 2 year old little girl, who developed a metabolic disorder as an infant and she is now handicapped. Her family is raising funds for a wheelchair accessible van. And I'm asking all of you if this story touches your heart, if you would to please contribute, and also write a post on your blogs and encourage your readers to contribute if they feel led to.

The family makes hair bows and bracelets that are for sale, and they also have a few different fundraisers on their website. Or you can simply make a donation.

My little girl is 2 years old, and I guess that's why this story affects me so deeply. It makes me think that anything can happen at any time, and if something were to happen to one of my children, I would need help. So, whenever I am in a position to help someone else, I try to do that.

One of the wonders of the internet is its ability to reach so many people in such a small amount of time. I would really appreciate as much help as I can get.

Let's get Kierra her van! :)

Here's some links:

http://kierrascourage.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-Kierra-buy-a-handicapped-van/113291925352885


4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am on my way there now!

Christina Ketchum said...

Thanks for the link. The story broke my heart! I gave a donation and I'll be praying for them!

Claudya Martinez said...

Great way to spread the word.

San Diego Momma said...

This touched me too.

On my way.