Thursday, February 19, 2009

Over a Week

Since I've blogged!! I can't believe that!! Where the heck did the time go?? Why am I using two exclamation points or two question marks at the end of my sentences??!!

OK...I'm a little loopy right now because I have a sinus headache and it hurts. And it's somewhat clouding my brain, so today's blog may not make too much sense. But I'm going to try and just do a recap of the time that's lapsed from last blog to current.

Last blog was Tuesday...the dreadful "song" Tuesday with all it's bittersweet memories. That blog actually caused me to think of LOTS of songs that take me back to another time, and usually a mostly happier time. Like when I hear a Beatles song, it makes me think of my dad. Foreigner makes me think of my mom. The song Danke Schoen (aka Danka Shane in my book) makes me think of my grandpa for some reason, and then also of a guy named Shane that I knew in 7th grade, and me and my best friend would sing "Danka Shane...ohhh, Shane Donkey" for some reason. HA! Oh yeah, and Hank Williams Jr songs first turned me on to country music...my mom used to listen to him too. I had some really good country music growing up...that's when Garth Brooks, Martina McBride, Shania Twain, Faith Hill, Trisha Yearwood and all of them were shooting to stardom. Ahhh...the good ole' days. Singing "Independence Day" at the top of my lungs because my mom was in an abusive relationship...she never burned the house down with him and her in it...glad about that. What else...oh yeah, Metallica's "One" was a song that my BFF and I used to 'mosh' to...we'd hold pillows in front of us and run into each other...we were hardcore. haha! The soundtrack to "Bad Boys" with Will Smith was our get-ready-to-go-to-Mill-Avenue CD...Mill Ave is a place in Tempe, AZ kinda down by ASU that's like a strip of restaurants, bars, neat little shops etc...but back when we were 16-ish they had a club called 411 that allowed kids 18 and younger to come and dance and play pool on Sunday nights during the summer. It was awesome! OK, enough song reminiscing...that could turn into a blog and a half.

So, then Friday was my dad's bday, and Friday night dinner with the fam night at Sal's Omelette House that my kids absolutely LOVE. My oldest daughter spent the night at a friend's house, and I went out for a MNO (Mommies Night Out) with a few ladies from Phoenixmommies.com. We went to a chinese place called Chop N Wok and then to Coffee Plantation for some coffee (duh) afterwards.

Saturday was Valentine's day, and my grandpa's and BFF's bday. I've told hubby I don't really want to celebrate Valentine's day cuz it's kind of dumb, and it's really just a set up for us to get mad at our husbands for not doing it right. So, instead, we went out to the desert with another family and rode quads and dirtbikes around. I learned how to ride a dirtbike!! Yay Me! I only biffed it once, and not really that hard...but BOY was I sore for the next few days.

Sunday we went to church, and then headed out to my grandparents' house in Fountain Hills for my Papa's bday celebration.

Monday was supposed to be a day off, but instead I had to work. That sucked.

Tuesday I also had to work my butt off to prep for a meeting that we had on...

Wednesday in San Diego. It was a turn around trip. Got there about 9am, meeting was at 11am. Ate lunch there, met till about 4-ish. The meeting went great! Then we headed back to the airport, our original flight was not until 740pm which would get us back to Phoenix at 955pm. But, we got through the checkpoint at 5pm, walked up to the gate of a flight that was departing for Phoenix at 515pm at WALKED RIGHT ON!! Yay! So, I got home by 8pm instead and was able to do the bedtime routine with my family, which made me feel great! Then I took some sinus headache meds, and it made me kinda loopy so I went to bed by 10. The baby didn't wake up until 5am this morning, which is pretty unusual for her...but nice for me.

And here we are at today, Thursday. Working from home today, getting ready to go to Costco and do some price shopping to see if it will be worthwile to make my 4 year olds lunch every day so that she can go to a new daycare that's $25 cheaper a week than her current one. She talks about it every day! "When can I go to the new school?". So, anyway, it's cheaper...but it doesn't include lunch. So, will it really be cost effective? And as a mom, am I supposed to care more about that, or the fact that my 4 yr old will probably NEVER stop bugging me about this school...because it has a freakin' goat, sheep and chickens in the backyard wonderland that they have behind the school. And I really do think she will get more one-on-one attention there. But, that's a blog for another day.

I'm going to head out now...sorry to all the peep's whose blogs I read and usually comment on but haven't in the last week. I'll catch up, I promise!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Welcome back! Sounds like a fun week you've had!!