So here it is folks...my 100th post. I've read some other blogger's 100th posts for some inspiration. Here goes:
1. I was born Crystal Leigh Mathews
2. On April 22nd, 1980
3. In the city of Orange, CA at St. Josephs Hospital
4. My mom and dad were 19 and 20
5. Ultimately, I ended up being my mom's only child - my dad remarried and had another daughter, Annaka - I think she's 18 or 19 now
6. I have 4 daughters, with a 5th child on the way in February
7. My favorite color is blue, although I rarely wear anything blue
8. I have 2 inside cats, and 6 outside cats that I care for - yes, I am the "Cat Lady"
9. My mom was adopted, and just a few years ago found out her biological mom's middle name was Crystal
10. All my life I went without any Aunts, Uncles or Cousins until my mom found out she had 4 brothers
11. I met my best friend in the 4th grade, but we didn't become best friends until 6th grade
12. We were going to live together in New York, and she was going to act and I was going to sing - that didn't happen obviously
13. But, aforementioned best friend and I did perform in many community theater plays together as kids
14. I'm afraid of spiders
15. I bite my fingernails and crack my knuckles, and have since I was a kid
16. I have 4 tattoos - and plan to remove all but one of them.
17. My belly button was pierced - now there's just a hole
18. Speaking of belly buttons, my belly button looks like it is smirking at the bottom since I had my gall bladder removed earlier this year.
19. As soon as I paid off my very first car, I had to buy a new one because my family grew.
20. I got into my career field from a job I got through a temp agency when I was 17 and pregnant.
21. I was raised by my grandparents.
22. I grew up in a really sheltered town - when we moved to Vegas when I was 15 I was severely culture shocked
23. My first job was a busser at an Italian restaurant, at age 14, in the really sheltered town
24. I used to read books under my grandparents' dining room table
25. My toenails are rarely ever painted - gross I know
26. Most of my underwear are granny panties (TMI but whatever)
27. I love Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia and Karamel Sutra ice cream
28. My favorite book is Anne of Green Gables
29. My favorite movie for the longest time was Steel Magnolias - I don't think I have one now.
30. But I do like pretty much every movie with Kate Hudson or Jennifer Lopez in it
31. I wish I was Faith Hill's friend
32. I hate going to crowded places with my children, it stresses me out.
33. Actually going anywhere with my children stresses me out, I'm trying to get over it
34. #32 & 33 are because of safety reasons, not due to their behavior in public. hehe
35. I wish I could live near my dad - I never have.
36. The ocean is my favorite place.
37. I'm addicted to doing everything on the internet - shopping, paying bills, reading news
38. I have a gym membership, and haven't gone in close to a year.
39. I still subconsciously choose Sprite as my soda of choice from having a Mormon upbringing
40. I can't stand horror movies, they give me the heebie jeebies
41. My favorite cookie is a soft sugar cookie
42. My favorite dessert is fried ice cream from Ajo Al's restaurant
43. I've been in a couple country-western bands and competed in the Colgate Country Showdown
44. My grandma built my foundation of faith, even though she doesn't think so
45. I wish my husband was more like my grandpa sometimes, but am glad he is who he is most of the time
46. I'm too independent for my own good occasionally
47. I started using some serious anti-aging skin care products this year
48. I wish I could get back into dancing somehow, but I can barely touch my toes now
49. My oldest being in middle school scares the poo out of me.
50. Everyone who makes me upset in traffic gets called a stupuh-dass
51. Child abuse really bothers me - I can hardly stand to read or hear about it on the news
52. I never went to college
53. I've only lived in 3 states - California, Arizona and Nevada and haven't visited many more than that.
54. Skiing freaks the be-jeesus out of me - my husband says I'm the only person he knows that can ski uphill
55. I also thought there was a right ski and a left ski when I couldn't get my boots to snap in
56. My husband is a patient man, hehe
57. I didn't really know much about keeping house until just a few years ago.
58. Now I'm somewhat of a freak about it
59. Recycling is about as 'green' as I get at this point in my life
60. I've entertained a gajillion business ideas since I was in my early 20's - but I've finally settled on one - more on that to come real soon.
61. I'm still waiting to be independently wealthy though.
62. I am very afraid of the day that one of my grandparents passes away - very afraid
63. Singing in the car is one of my favorite things to do
64. My creative side is being crushed by my analytical side - trying to find a balance
65. I've had two of my children with anesthesia and two without - this last baby will also be born without
66. I have a fairly high tolerance for pain
67. I learned how to ride a dirtbike on Valentine's Day this year
68. Two months later was my birthday, and my husband bought me brand new really cute riding gear - the next month, I found out I was pregnant - no more riding for me.
69. My grandma always made me take a bath using a washcloth - I never use one now.
70. I own a guitar, and don't know how to play it.
71. Joining the PTA takes courage - I did it for the first time last year
72. All of my girls have different personalities, I'm trying to find the pieces of me in each one of them
73. Naps are my favorite
74. I sneak sweet stuff when my husband isn't around
75. Since I moved out on my own, I've moved to a different house/city at least every 2 years - I've been in this house for 3 and I'm itching.
76. I have a magazine addiction - I'm in recovery and have cancelled many of my subscriptions because I had a stack going back to December last year that I hadn't read yet (but I just totally subscribed to 2 more magazines because that's the only thing they had on my daughter's fundraiser this year).
77. I hate fundraisers
78. Christmas has lost its magic for me, I'm hoping I can find it again
79. Our family tradition is to eat spaghetti on Christmas Eve
80. I have 5 books on top of my night stand and 3 more on the shelf underneath that I'm trying to read at the same time - I also have 2 more on my bookshelf in the other room that I'd like to re-read (maybe what I have is actually a reading addiction not limited to magazines)
81. I've had my hair long, short, dark, light, curly, straight - you name it, I've done it to my hair (except for a mohawk, or a beehive - OK, I guess there's still lots of stuff I haven't done to it yet)
82. For some reason, I desire change a lot - hence the moving, the changing of the hair, and the tattoos - psychoanalyze that one
83. I'm really glad I started blogging - writing is a really good outlet - and I've made some great bloggy friends :)
84. I listen to all types of music - the only genre I really stay away from is rap - I used to like some rap, but now it's just gone way overboard.
85. I wanted to be one of Janet Jackson's backup dancers when I was a teenager
86. I think it's dumb that they came out with another version of 90210 and Melrose Place - I mean seriously, are we out of ideas people?
87. Only 13 more, I think I can make it
88. OK, #87 was cheating - the last concert I went to was Weezer, and it was awesome
89. Or maybe it was Martina McBride, and she was awesome too
90. I would like to learn how to surf sometime in the next couple of years
91. I get majorly pissed off when I've spent hours cleaning the house, and someone makes a mess in an area I just cleaned
92. I'm making headway in my de-cluttering project
93. I discovered the best time to go to Ikea is on a weeknight, about 2 hours before they close
94. My black thumb is getting greener by the year - I've now kept a plant in my office alive since Janaury
95. People sometimes mistake my shyness for being conceited - I'm an outgoing introvert, if that's even possible
96. I try to see people I don't like through God's eyes, but it's really really hard, I tell ya.
97. My husband's boat freaks the crap out of me, and I scream at him when he goes too fast
98. I wish I could stay at home with baby #5
99. It makes me have a mini internal freakout at the thought of me having 5 kids
100. I pray I continue to learn and grow, and be even farther along in my journey when I get to my 200th post. :)
And there you have it folks.