Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Good Thing

Well...I'm glad I had such a rockin Thursday because from Sunday through today has been kinda "bleh". Friday was OK, I just worked and we had family dinner night out, which did contain a bit of drama but nothing too big. Saturday was extremely busy - I had my baby signing class to teach in the morning, then I met up with two of my best girlfriends and their kiddos at the Phoenix Zoo, and then hurried home to get ready for Supercross at Chase Stadium. Saturday was also my 2 year wedding anniversary. :) We got to go to Supercross as our date. What? We aren't redneck. hehe This is actually our 3rd year in a row attending Supercross - it's really fun! But I realized that I've been pregnant for 2 out of the 3 times we've attended - I hope we're not on a 'every other year' type of schedule. haha!

But then Sunday rolled around...and me and my two oldest girls woke up with the tummy bug that Monkey had earlier in the week. Ugggggh. So, Sunday was spent just kind of being lazy at the house - but I did have one little project we were able to make it through, and that was to tidy up the back patio so that I could turn it into more of a play area for the girls when I wanted to send them out back to play instead of out front. I bought this really big patio set, and it was taking up a ton of room, and we only use it when the weather starts getting warm - so we moved it into the pool area because there is a big unused concrete slab on the other side of the pool that was perfect for putting the patio set on. And now the girls have their little play tables in the area where the patio furniture was, and it just looks a lot nicer out there. I'd like to also make this little dirt area along the back wall into a little garden. I've actually kept a plant alive in my office for the past year, so I might be able to graduate to little garden now. :)

Monday was MLK day...this was another "Ugh" day. So my 3 oldest girls didn't have school, so they were going to stay home with me because I started my telecommuting this week since it's T-minus 2 weeks until baby. And me and SAM were still dealing with the tummy issues. So, I get Baby Pants ready for daycare, and go to drop her off. When my daycare provider asks "Didn't you see this sheet last week? And didn't your husband tell you I needed you to call me and let me know if Baby Pants was going to be here today?". I say "Yes, I saw the sheet - and everyone was just writing their child's name if they weren't going to be here. And no, my hubby didn't tell me I needed to call you." My daycare provider is a licensed in-home daycare provider, so she has limits as to how many children she can care for at one time, and when she has the full capacity of all the kids that come, she has a helper there with her. But, this "list" was supposed to let her know if she needed that helper or not, and of course Baby Pants would put her one child over her limit - so even though I was supposed to try and work yesterday because I didn't have the day off, I had to bring Baby Pants home. I was a little peeved, but I know it's not her fault - but seriously, who has MLK day off besides government employees and schools? Needless to say I didn't get any work done yesterday. AND it was raining, so I couldn't even send the kids outside - so they had to be inside - all.freakin.day.

Today was looking a bit better...SAM and I were still having residual tummy issues, but SAM wanted to go to school. But then Monkey goes to the restroom after she wakes up, and guess what she has? Yep, diarrhea...again...the one who started it all gets it AGAIN. So, I had to keep her home with me. But everyone else went off to school as usual, which was good. Since this tummy thing really appears to just be tummy related, no fevers, aches, chills, or overall yuckies...it was a bit easier to get some work done today. And there was a little break in the rain, so I took Monkey to a nearby park to play. Don't worry, there weren't any other kids there for us to pass the diarrhea germs on to - and when other kids started showing up, we left.

So, now I'm back at home, writing this post - and I'm feeling really tired. I can't believe I have less than 2 weeks before the baby arrives. I still have a mega-long list of things to get done before then, but guess what? I just don't think it's all going to get done...and I guess I'm okay with that.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Sheesh.


I'm Just Sayin' - Kerri said...

I've taken to stalking your blog in a bad way. I mean I even come to your blog "just in case a post was missed in my reader". I really can't wait to find out if you are having a boy or a girl. Silly yes, but still.

PS - if you formula feed OR use Huggies... go to my blog, I have stuff to give away.

Unknown Mami said...

I'm in aw of you being pregnant, having 4 girl and still managing to do so much.

Green Girl in Wisconsin said...

Ugh--still the tummy bug? MY BFF was just laid low with it at her house, too. Incredibly miserable stuff.
But yay for that great patio! Make it like an extra room!

Faith Imagined said...

I am so sorry you had a bad weekend! I was thinking 'poor thing' the entire time reading this post.

You still seem to have a sense of humor about it though. Awesome quality. I pray your week goes better!

TheSingleGirl said...

YIKES. I hope the plague is over. That is just no good. At all. But you know that.

Happy (belated) anniversary!!

MLK day pissed me off this year, too. Make up your mind, day. Holiday? Real day? Holiday? C'mon.


(That's a laugh. In FRENCH. Do it.)

(I get a French accent when I say potatoes. It started as a joke but now I can't break the habit. POE-TAYYY-TOOOESS? HON HON HON.)