Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Thank Goodness

Okay, I don't know about anyone else, but I'm glad the election is finally OVER. Good Lord I didn't know how much more I could take. Not real sure what's going to be in store for us over the next 4 years, but my faith is in God, not the President...so I'm sure whatever happens, we'll be fine. :) It is a really cool day in Black history though...if you would have said a couple hundred years ago that a black man would be the President of the United States, you probably would have been laughed at...or flogged, hehe. Were they still flogging people back then? hehe

It's Wednesday...middle of the week...gotta get a lot of stuff done today at work since I didn't get jack squat done yesterday with doctor's appts and voting and all that stuff. And we're preparing to go to Rocky Point for the weekend for my husband's bday which is Friday. It's my first time going to Mexico ever. We're going with a group that my friend has gone with twice a year for the past several years...they rent out a couple big beach houses in a gated community with a private beach, so it should be really nice.

Ok...so back to a little bit more about the election...I was thinking to myself this morning that during election time, our nation's people pretty much split themselves down the middle into Republicans and Democrats (of course there are the other parties too, but you know what I'm saying). We are no longer the American people during election year, we are divided...and not sure if anyone has read the scripture in the Bible where it says "Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand" (Matthew 12:25)...but now that the election is over we better get back to being a united country. It's amazing to me that people will become so radical over a person, lashing out and defending their candidate through bitter conversations with people that oppose their views...but at the end of the day, we're all Americans living in the same country and we might as well hold hands and play nice.

Okee dokee, that's all for me today!

No comments: