Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Y'all Come Back Now...Ya Hear?

Yes, the title of my post is indicative of the fact that I have decided to become a Dolly Parton Impersonator....NOT! ;)

It's really because my Mom and Step-Dad moved to Texas yesterday...and that's what they say when people leave in Texas, right? Anywho, my step-dad grew up in a little town called Happy, TX...population 600-ish. Yes, as in 6 HUNDRED, not hundred thousand, just hundred. It is a good ol' boy hicktown where everybody knows your name, and it sounds pretty cute. I've never been there myself, but a few years ago, my mom and step-dad bought a house there for $5000, yes that's five THOUSAND, not fifty thousand, just five (hehe, sorry I'm on a roll with these dramatic explanations). And they thought they would retire there someday, once the veterinarian that my mom worked for in Fountain Hills retired and my step-dad got fed up with his job on the Ft. McDowell Indian Reservation...well, both of those things occurred in the last month. And we found out on Christmas Eve night that they were packing up all their stuff and moving to Texas on Monday morning because my mom got a job with the City of Amarillo (the closest "big city" to Happy) and she starts January 5th. I'm sort of sad, but we didn't really get to hang out with my mom that much anyway because she lived on the opposite side of town from us...isn't that sad? 35 miles is the OPPOSITE side of town and we couldn't go visit her more often...now that I look at it like that, I'm feeling pretty lame. But, I know they are going to be happy there...they can get out of the hustle & bustle of the Phoenix Metro area...they aren't really H&B people. My grandma is REALLY sad though because they live in Fountain Hills and my mom used to stop by and visit with them all the time, and now she won't be able to, and we only get out there about once every week or two. My grandparents have had their house on the market for about 2 years now, and no takers. I used to have a selfish feeling about it and didn't want them to move (they wanted to go back to Vegas), but now that my mom is gone and they are considering moving to Texas, I've been praying that their house sells quickly so that they can be happy, even if I won't get to see them as often.

So...that's my post for the day. I can't believe tomorrow is the last day of 2008. I have BIG plans for 2009, I'm hoping they all pan out. :)

No comments: